has Homestuck not updated in days? has Hussie not mentioned anything on Twitter or Tumblr about a hiatus? has checking the website daily become slightly worrying?
if so, you might be experiencing update withdrawal.
- refreshing the page in case the notifier’s messed up
- restarting the notifier in case it’s bugging out
- making jokes about the incoming update
- swearing that it will be a flash
- excitement at the word update
- checking the website upon hearing the word “update” despite knowing there isn’t one yet
- lurking tumblr as a secondary notifier
- crying alone in your room
not everyone will experience all symptoms, but if you are experiencing four or more, then you are experiencing update withdrawal.
There is no cure until the update is posted.
- ask Sherlockians how they deal with the waits
- or Whovians if Sherlockians are unavailable
- if neither are available, then relish in the fact we don’t have to wait months to a year for an update
this has been an update PSA.